Monday, August 17, 2020

Hina Khan explains why small screen actors are considered small in Bollywood

 

After spending over a decade acting for the small screen, Hina khan made her way to the Bollywood and but yet she fails to understand why small screen stars are looked down upon in Bollywood. Hina khan was ion an exclusive interview where she talked about why Bollywood and small screen industry has limited or no bond.

Talking to a leading media house, Hina said, "Well, we are ready to work if given an opportunity. I am not the right person because I come from both the mediums. I have done theatrical films, I have done digital (films) and then I have done television for the longest time."


"So, I am somewhere in the middle and I can speak on both the cases. What I see after all these years is that we (TV stars) are looked down upon. I don't know why," she added.

Hina also got criticized for her presence in the Cannes FilmFestival last year where she made the debut. Talking about the issue Hina said, "For me, I always mentioned things change because I hit the Cannes (red) carpet. I set an example for television. It became huge news and then other things happened. The whole industry came together and fought for me. But why are we looked down upon? I just don't get it," she said.

Hina first appeared on the small screen as Akshara in theshow Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai, a key role responsible for her fame. "I walked the carpet and some stupid comparison is done. Why? Had it been some film star's son or daughter it wouldn't have happened. It gives a clear sign that they look down upon us, says she furious and frustrated."

Hina even said that in terms of performance, small screen stars are way more better than big Bollywood actors.

for more Bollywood news and gossips, subscribe to our newsletter.

No comments:

Post a Comment